Update Friday p.m.
So the surgeon came in this morning and said we didn’t have awesome night, but we had an “I’ll take it night.” Monitor has stopped working from turning him and straightening him in bed. Since he is on blood thinner shots, we have to wait awhile and they will put a more sturdy drain and monitor in sometime tonight. Did a CT and it showed looking better with room for swelling. EEG was normal so no seizure activity. Starting some very small feedings today with tube and keeping him quiet and sedated still. It’s a waiting game and a hard one. Keep praying y’all, it’s working and I love you all.
Prayers for Kody Stewart
Kody Stewart of Enterprise was airlifted to a Jackson hospital Tuesday afternoon after the atv him and his friend were riding crashed causing severe head injuries. The accident happened around 2:30 p.m. on Center Street in Enterprise. Kody is the son of Melanie Taormina and Stan Stewart. Clarke County is sending many prayers your way, Kody!
Updates from Melanie’s Facebook Page.
Update on My Kody man: Stan and I were allowed to go in for a few minutes to talk with the doctor and see our baby. He has a “substantial rather large brain bleed and skull fracture” that required surgery. I just received a call from the surgeon, and he is in recovery. He did well and they were able to get all the blood clot and clean up all the blood from the artery that ruptured. They have a monitor to keep up with his internal pressure which was good at this moment. They will get him in PICU shortly and let us stay with him. He will be sedated and on a vent for a few days. We are also awaiting a full body scan to make sure there are no more injuries. Keep the prayers coming. love you all!!!
Kody man’s cranial pressure went up last night and they had to start a central line to push more meds. They took him to CT about 2 this morning, finally got the pressure down. Surgeon made rounds and said his CT looked perfect as far as bleeding, that the swelling would fluctuate for a bit. They will keep him vented another day or so and then slowly start to wake him up barring no complications. God has his hands all over this boy. Thank you for all the calls and text messages, and especially the prayers.
Just talked with neuro again and originally would have liked to start waking him up this evening or tomorrow, but we have learned that the opposite side of his brain is pretty bruised as well. We need his cranial pressure to stay under 20 and it’s not wanting to do that. It may be several days before they are ready to wake him up, but we don’t want to rush it. Until speaking with the dr. today, I didn’t realize how quickly my boy could have been gone. Please pray specifically for pressures to stay down and for him to rest.