: Due to an emergency repair needed to fix damage made to the Interstate 59 southbound overpass, County Road 370 is currently closed under Interstate 59 in Clarke County. Signage is being installed along County Road 370 directing motorists onto the interstate as a detour.
Today's Top Stories
• Terrace Todd, , bm, arrested by MHP for speeding, reckless driving, DUI, no insurance
• Kendrick Dubose, 37, bm, arrested by CCSO for domestic violence
• Jeramy Boone, 25, bm, arrested by QPD for possession of beer, suspended driver’s license
The Clarke County Chamber of Commerce Annual Banquet/Meeting is scheduled for Monday, January 23, 2017, at 6:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church in Quitman. Ticket prices are $25 for open seating and $28 for reserved seating.
tickets on sale Dec. 27
Your Meeting Place is holding a Sunrise Breakfast and Vendors Market Place fund raiser Sunday, January 1, 2017. This will be an all day event beginning at 5:30 a.m. for sunrise breakfast.
• Artegas Nelson, 20, bm, arrested by CCSO for auto burglary
• Ernesto Allen, 25, wm, SWPD for no insurance, suspended license
LEGISLATIVE BUDGET PLAN RELEASED
JACKSON -- The Joint Legislative Budget Committee released today a Fiscal 2018 budget that reduces spending by 3 percent and includes efficiencies found by legislative working groups over the past several months.