With the closing of the 159 Fred's locations, many have been wondering what would become of the Fred's located...
Today's Top Stories
Tue, 05/12/2015 - 3:19pm
Emergency responders stayed busy over the weekend with two accidents Sunday evening. Around 10 p.m. As they were responding to an accident on County Road 210, they came upon an accident that had also occurred at Highway 18 and 145.
Tue, 05/12/2015 - 2:55pm
The Quitman Public Library invites you to sign up for the 2015 Summer Reading Program.
Tue, 05/12/2015 - 2:53pm
• Cedric King, 41, bm, arrested by Stonewall PD for suspended license
• Teresa Gayle Donald, 52, bf, arrested by CCSO for sale of morphine, sale of marijuana
• Steven C. Ivy, 39, wm, arrested by CCSO for suspended driver’s license
Tue, 05/05/2015 - 4:05pm
On Saturday, May 9, residents across America will be asked to join the U.S. Postal Service and its delivery carriers to combat one of this nation’s growing problems — hunger, by leaving food at their mailboxes.
Tue, 05/05/2015 - 4:01pm
Come join the adventures of the World of Super Heroes – they are all around us! Search the skies, look behind you, read about them, ask who they are.
Tue, 05/05/2015 - 3:48pm
A political candidate seeking the office of sheriff pled guilty Friday morning in Stonewall Municipal court to possession of whiskey and no tag.
Tue, 04/28/2015 - 4:53pm
• Cedric Garbutt, 37, bm, arrested by EPD for improper equipment, possession of marijuana, possession of paraphernalia, DUI
• Demetrius Clark, 27, bm, arrested by EPD for possession of a controlled substance, possession of paraphernalia with intent to sale
Tue, 04/28/2015 - 4:37pm
The Clarke County Chamber of Commerce will hold a Quarterly Meeting on Wednesday, May 20, at noon, at the Quitman Depot. The meeting will feature guest speaker Mississippi Secretary of State, Delbert Hosemann.
Wed, 04/22/2015 - 10:00am
• Michael Lewis, 23, bm, arrested by CCSO for burglary of a dwelling
• James Terrell Evans, 23, bm, arrested by CCSO for improper equipment, possession of marijuana
Wed, 04/22/2015 - 9:56am
• Louis Carlos Ortiz, Gretna, La., no driver’s license, fined $334.50,
• Deangelis Taylor, Waynesboro, abuse calls, not guilty; false reporting of crime, fined $150.75